- Don’t Matter if You’re Black or White
- “Aunt” or “Ant?” It’s Not a Black and White Issue
- Chinese or Blonde? How About Both?
- Race Discrimination: “Is It My Fault?”
- Black in the Supermarket Checkout Line
- The Toddler Color Association Game
- Boy, Am I Glad I’m White!
- Jordan’s Story
- So….I’m Not White?
- Neil’s Story
- The Color of Breakfast
- Returning Land to the “Brown People”
- The Color of Peanut Butter
- Black and White
- The Sesame Street Connection
- Kate’s Story
- Learning Racial Inferiority
- Racial Profiling
- How Do You Tell A Dark Person from a Light Person?
TagsAmerican asian avoiding race biracial Biracial children Black brown brown people brown skin Charlton McIlwain chinese color colorblind cross-racial adoption discrimination diversity hair immigration Jewish Kids on Color KKK learning mixed-race mixed-race couples poverty prejudice race race and school race confusion racial confusion racial identity racial slurs racial stereotypes racism skin color slavery Spanish stereotypes talking about race teaching white white dad white girl white mom white woman
Tag Archives: asian
Calvin recounted how his immigration from Taiwan to Toronto, Canada as an 11 year old was difficult because that was the first time he had encountered people who not only did not look like him and everyone he had ever … Continue reading
I grew up in Queens, and I think it’s a very diverse demographic. I don’t remember exactly when I realized about race and difference. When I was younger, I would just play with anybody. Race didn’t really matter because I … Continue reading
Allie who is of Chinese origin recounted a story about when she first went to school in the United States after immigrating from Australia. Her classmates teased Allie relentlessly because she spoke English with an Australian accent and she worked … Continue reading