- Don’t Matter if You’re Black or White
- “Aunt” or “Ant?” It’s Not a Black and White Issue
- Chinese or Blonde? How About Both?
- Race Discrimination: “Is It My Fault?”
- Black in the Supermarket Checkout Line
- The Toddler Color Association Game
- Boy, Am I Glad I’m White!
- Jordan’s Story
- So….I’m Not White?
- Neil’s Story
- The Color of Breakfast
- The Color of Peanut Butter
- Black and White
- Returning Land to the “Brown People”
- The Sesame Street Connection
- Kate’s Story
- Racial Profiling
- Learning Racial Inferiority
- How Do You Tell A Dark Person from a Light Person?
TagsAmerican asian avoiding race biracial Biracial children Black brown brown people brown skin Charlton McIlwain chinese color colorblind cross-racial adoption discrimination diversity hair immigration Jewish Kids on Color KKK learning mixed-race mixed-race couples poverty prejudice race race and school race confusion racial confusion racial identity racial slurs racial stereotypes racism skin color slavery Spanish stereotypes talking about race teaching white white dad white girl white mom white woman
Tag Archives: brown people
Our family (Caucasian) was at the breakfast table. My son, around 6 years old, said he did not want to eat anything. He said if he got hungry, he would eat breakfast at school. The local, public school they attended … Continue reading
My wife and i have adopted one son and are in the process of adopting our first daughter. They are both local kids from S.F. county and are of mixed race. We have always celebrated racial diversity in our family … Continue reading
We were fortunate to send our children to a school that was a little more diverse than most elementary schools in our town – this was 28 years ago. My tow-headed daughter would come home from kindergarten telling me about … Continue reading
My son, who is white, was 4 at the time. He told me that when he grows up he wants to be a football player. I encouraged him, and said, “of course you can be a football player. Excited, he … Continue reading