- Don’t Matter if You’re Black or White
- “Aunt” or “Ant?” It’s Not a Black and White Issue
- Chinese or Blonde? How About Both?
- Race Discrimination: “Is It My Fault?”
- Black in the Supermarket Checkout Line
- The Toddler Color Association Game
- Boy, Am I Glad I’m White!
- Jordan’s Story
- So….I’m Not White?
- Neil’s Story
- The Color of Breakfast
- The Color of Peanut Butter
- Returning Land to the “Brown People”
- Black and White
- The Sesame Street Connection
- Kate’s Story
- Racial Profiling
- Learning Racial Inferiority
- How Do You Tell A Dark Person from a Light Person?
TagsAmerican asian avoiding race biracial Biracial children Black brown brown people brown skin Charlton McIlwain chinese color colorblind cross-racial adoption discrimination diversity hair immigration Jewish Kids on Color KKK learning mixed-race mixed-race couples poverty prejudice race race and school race confusion racial confusion racial identity racial slurs racial stereotypes racism skin color slavery Spanish stereotypes talking about race teaching white white dad white girl white mom white woman
Tag Archives: brown skin
I remember when I was 10 I went to summer classes in Atlanta. I have a very strong memory of sitting in a science class, and I still remember the professor’s name because I think I’m still traumatized by that … Continue reading