- Don’t Matter if You’re Black or White
- “Aunt” or “Ant?” It’s Not a Black and White Issue
- Chinese or Blonde? How About Both?
- Race Discrimination: “Is It My Fault?”
- Black in the Supermarket Checkout Line
- The Toddler Color Association Game
- Boy, Am I Glad I’m White!
- Jordan’s Story
- So….I’m Not White?
- Neil’s Story
- The Color of Breakfast
- The Color of Peanut Butter
- Returning Land to the “Brown People”
- Black and White
- The Sesame Street Connection
- Kate’s Story
- Racial Profiling
- Learning Racial Inferiority
- How Do You Tell A Dark Person from a Light Person?
TagsAmerican asian avoiding race biracial Biracial children Black brown brown people brown skin Charlton McIlwain chinese color colorblind cross-racial adoption discrimination diversity hair immigration Jewish Kids on Color KKK learning mixed-race mixed-race couples poverty prejudice race race and school race confusion racial confusion racial identity racial slurs racial stereotypes racism skin color slavery Spanish stereotypes talking about race teaching white white dad white girl white mom white woman
Tag Archives: brown
We adopted our daughter when she was 3. We are “white” and she is “black”. One day in the grocery store, she was three at the time she said to me, “Mom why do people call me black and you … Continue reading
My husband is black, I’m white. One day when my daughter was little, I saw her dancing in circles singing, “Brown girl dancing in circles! I’m a brown girl dancing in circles!” over and over and over. LOL!! When my … Continue reading
My son is 8. He and we are caucasian – Spanish and American. His friends are from many different cultures and races, and when referring to someone requires calling attention to something that he things will help me remember someone, … Continue reading