- Don’t Matter if You’re Black or White
- “Aunt” or “Ant?” It’s Not a Black and White Issue
- Chinese or Blonde? How About Both?
- Race Discrimination: “Is It My Fault?”
- Black in the Supermarket Checkout Line
- Boy, Am I Glad I’m White!
- The Toddler Color Association Game
- Returning Land to the “Brown People”
- Jordan’s Story
- Neil’s Story
- So….I’m Not White?
- Racial Profiling
- Kate’s Story
- The Color of Peanut Butter
- The Color of Breakfast
- Black and White
- The Sesame Street Connection
- Learning Racial Inferiority
TagsAmerican asian avoiding race biracial Biracial children Black brown brown people brown skin Charlton McIlwain chinese color colorblind cross-racial adoption discrimination diversity hair immigration Jewish Kids on Color KKK learning mixed-race mixed-race couples poverty prejudice race race and school race confusion racial confusion racial identity racial slurs racial stereotypes racism skin color slavery Spanish stereotypes talking about race teaching white white dad white girl white mom white woman
Tag Archives: cross-racial adoption
My wife and i have adopted one son and are in the process of adopting our first daughter. They are both local kids from S.F. county and are of mixed race. We have always celebrated racial diversity in our family … Continue reading