- Don’t Matter if You’re Black or White
- “Aunt” or “Ant?” It’s Not a Black and White Issue
- Chinese or Blonde? How About Both?
- Race Discrimination: “Is It My Fault?”
- Black in the Supermarket Checkout Line
- The Toddler Color Association Game
- Boy, Am I Glad I’m White!
- Jordan’s Story
- So….I’m Not White?
- Neil’s Story
- Returning Land to the “Brown People”
- The Color of Breakfast
- The Color of Peanut Butter
- Black and White
- The Sesame Street Connection
- Learning Racial Inferiority
- Racial Profiling
- Kate’s Story
- How Do You Tell A Dark Person from a Light Person?
TagsAmerican asian avoiding race biracial Biracial children Black brown brown people brown skin Charlton McIlwain chinese color colorblind cross-racial adoption discrimination diversity hair immigration Jewish Kids on Color KKK learning mixed-race mixed-race couples poverty prejudice race race and school race confusion racial confusion racial identity racial slurs racial stereotypes racism skin color slavery Spanish stereotypes talking about race teaching white white dad white girl white mom white woman
Tag Archives: mixed-race couples
My child came home the evening before last from school to tell me she didn’t have a good day. A child bullied her, and it culminated that day in the child calling my daughter several names, including the N word. … Continue reading
My husband is black, I’m white. One day when my daughter was little, I saw her dancing in circles singing, “Brown girl dancing in circles! I’m a brown girl dancing in circles!” over and over and over. LOL!! When my … Continue reading
This happened when my stepson was around 5yrs old (he’s now 18). My stepson’s mother is white and Brazilian, his father is African-American. One day in the car, my stepson randomly asked why all black people are poor. His father … Continue reading
I came to this…after searching for info on how to talk to kids about race after an incident with my 3.5-year-old son Harry this evening. He was having the usual tooth brushing fight with his Dad (Dad makes him brush … Continue reading