- Don’t Matter if You’re Black or White
- “Aunt” or “Ant?” It’s Not a Black and White Issue
- Chinese or Blonde? How About Both?
- Race Discrimination: “Is It My Fault?”
- Black in the Supermarket Checkout Line
- The Toddler Color Association Game
- Boy, Am I Glad I’m White!
- Returning Land to the “Brown People”
- So….I’m Not White?
- Jordan’s Story
- Neil’s Story
- The Color of Breakfast
- The Color of Peanut Butter
- Black and White
- Racial Profiling
- The Sesame Street Connection
- Kate’s Story
- Learning Racial Inferiority
- How Do You Tell A Dark Person from a Light Person?
TagsAmerican asian avoiding race biracial Biracial children Black brown brown people brown skin Charlton McIlwain chinese color colorblind cross-racial adoption discrimination diversity hair immigration Jewish Kids on Color KKK learning mixed-race mixed-race couples poverty prejudice race race and school race confusion racial confusion racial identity racial slurs racial stereotypes racism skin color slavery Spanish stereotypes talking about race teaching white white dad white girl white mom white woman
Tag Archives: mixed-race
I went to the American school in Vienna with all sorts of people. My closest friends were mostly Americans, or Egyptians, or Kuwaitis, just a whole mix. It didn’t really matter who I hung out with. In school I never … Continue reading
When my son was about six he told me he wanted to be white. I asked why. He stated that they looked like they were having so much fun in the park on the swings. Their hair was swinging and … Continue reading
My wife and i have adopted one son and are in the process of adopting our first daughter. They are both local kids from S.F. county and are of mixed race. We have always celebrated racial diversity in our family … Continue reading
I came to this…after searching for info on how to talk to kids about race after an incident with my 3.5-year-old son Harry this evening. He was having the usual tooth brushing fight with his Dad (Dad makes him brush … Continue reading