- Don’t Matter if You’re Black or White
- “Aunt” or “Ant?” It’s Not a Black and White Issue
- Chinese or Blonde? How About Both?
- Race Discrimination: “Is It My Fault?”
- Black in the Supermarket Checkout Line
- The Toddler Color Association Game
- Boy, Am I Glad I’m White!
- Returning Land to the “Brown People”
- So….I’m Not White?
- Jordan’s Story
- Neil’s Story
- The Color of Breakfast
- The Color of Peanut Butter
- Black and White
- Racial Profiling
- The Sesame Street Connection
- Kate’s Story
- Learning Racial Inferiority
- How Do You Tell A Dark Person from a Light Person?
TagsAmerican asian avoiding race biracial Biracial children Black brown brown people brown skin Charlton McIlwain chinese color colorblind cross-racial adoption discrimination diversity hair immigration Jewish Kids on Color KKK learning mixed-race mixed-race couples poverty prejudice race race and school race confusion racial confusion racial identity racial slurs racial stereotypes racism skin color slavery Spanish stereotypes talking about race teaching white white dad white girl white mom white woman
Tag Archives: racial confusion
In 1st grade, I told my black teacher, in front of white teachers, a fellow black student called me a nigger. They all gave me astonished looks and later my black teacher was upset with me and I couldn’t understand … Continue reading
My first short-lived romance was when I was three or four years old with a little girl I met in the mall. We called each other girlfriend and boyfriend while our parents watched us play and hold hands. Without the … Continue reading