- Don’t Matter if You’re Black or White
- “Aunt” or “Ant?” It’s Not a Black and White Issue
- Chinese or Blonde? How About Both?
- Race Discrimination: “Is It My Fault?”
- Black in the Supermarket Checkout Line
- The Toddler Color Association Game
- Boy, Am I Glad I’m White!
- Jordan’s Story
- So….I’m Not White?
- Neil’s Story
- The Color of Breakfast
- The Color of Peanut Butter
- Returning Land to the “Brown People”
- Black and White
- The Sesame Street Connection
- Kate’s Story
- Racial Profiling
- Learning Racial Inferiority
- How Do You Tell A Dark Person from a Light Person?
TagsAmerican asian avoiding race biracial Biracial children Black brown brown people brown skin Charlton McIlwain chinese color colorblind cross-racial adoption discrimination diversity hair immigration Jewish Kids on Color KKK learning mixed-race mixed-race couples poverty prejudice race race and school race confusion racial confusion racial identity racial slurs racial stereotypes racism skin color slavery Spanish stereotypes talking about race teaching white white dad white girl white mom white woman
Tag Archives: white mom
My younger brother and sister are both adopted from Vietnam and the rest of my family is your typical Scandanavian/European US citizens. This of course has lead to many a strange situation when people are trying to put two and … Continue reading
I am a white woman, my husband is biracial (black/white) and we have a four year old son. I had recently returned from a vacation in Mexico and had a suntan. While walking home one day with my husband and … Continue reading